Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Book Review: THE YOUNG WORLD by Chris Weitz

   

     Sometimes, you finish a book and you have to sit there for a while afterwards and just think. Let it soak in. Analyze every last piece. And then look over at the person next to you and say "Are you kidding me?" Because the ending was such a CLIFFHANGER that you just don't know what the heck to do, because the next book won't even be out for like an entire year! THE YOUNG WORLD by Chris Weitz is exactly this type of book.
     When a hormone-based sickness wipes adults and children from the world, all that's left are the teenagers. No one lives past the age of eighteen, no babies are born, and  every day is a struggle to survive for the tribes of New York City. Jefferson and Donna-- friends and members of the Washington Square tribe-- will do whatever it takes to take keep themselves and their friends safe, so when the tribe's genius comes to them with the possibility of learning more about the sickness, and an idea that could lead to the cure, they know what they have to do.
     When Jefferson, Donna, and three of their friends set out on a mission to find out what they can about the sickness, things start to get a little hairy. It's then that the group realizes that maybe there's a little bit more to the story than they knew, and it's then that the dangers of their trip start to creep up on them.
     This book honestly blew my mind. It really makes you think, and look at life a different way, and understand how much we take for granted in our lives. If I could make this a mandatory read, I would do so. I give this book a five of five stars, and recommend it to anyone who likes dystopia/post-apocalyptic YA. The last time I finished a book and processed it in my mind and thought about it for so long was months ago. I simply cannot wait for book two, and I hope that you guys will get out there and pick it up! If you do, let me know! Shoot me a comment below, or mention me on Twitter, let's discuss this one and get the word out!

No comments:

Post a Comment