Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Seize the Tuesday #1: Reading All Dang Day



Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by myself and the Let's Get Lost Buddies Street Team to share stories about how we've seized the Tuesday, with a special focus on the particular book we're reading. We'll share our posts online with the hashtag: #LetsAllGetLost.

The idea is to share little ways in which you may have embraced Bree's motto of Seizing the Tuesday. To relate it to books, you can talk about what book you're reading, and how you stole some moments from the day to enjoy reading. It doesn't have to be about reading, but we all know that a well-read day is a day seized. The idea is not just to spread the word on LGL, but also to remind people to live fully, even/especially if that means spending a part of your day reading.

Hola, chicos! My first Seize the Tuesday post is going to be super simple, because today has been one of those days where I literally have nothing planned and can read all dang day long if I want to. So I did. I am.

I have recently (Last monday to be exact, so eight days ago) discovered the awesomeness that is Percy Jackson. I know, I know, I'm jumping on the bandwagon a little bit late, but there are just so many books out there that I just NEED to read! After hearing my friends love on Percy, and listening to them say "WHAT YOU HAVEN'T READ PERCY JACKSON?!" I was beginning to think I'd read them soon. And then one of my closest buds convinced me to just do it, so I picked up LIGHTNING THIEF and oops now I'm on SON OF NEPTUNE. Six books in eight days, with an all-day book signing in the middle of it... Don't think I'm doing too shabby!

So yes. Persassy is quite extraordinary. I love him to bits and pieces and someone hand this daughter of Athena a Camp Half-Blood tshirt because I'm ready to go! *Grabs dagger*

The bad thing about reading a series that is well-loved by your friends, and reading it late on a school night, is that there is no one awake-- and when I say "No one" I mean literally-all-of-my-friends-are-in-bed-- to discuss things with. That being said, a few of you are going to wake up with a bunch of text messages... *Cough*Matt *Cough* Wishes.

I am loving the series though, so I'm going to go... you know... see what the heck Nico's doing at Camp Jupiter.

P.S. For those of you who read these books as they came out... Dang, that cliffhanger at the end of LOST HERO must have killed you *Laughs maniacally because I had the ability to go to book two within minutes*



No comments:

Post a Comment