Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Book Review: Splintered by A.G. Howard


In honor of ENSNARED (Splintered book 3) being released today, I thought I'd post my review!

     I'm not a big fan of retellings. I like my fairy tales and my classics left just as they are, thankyouverymuch. That being said, I could not get enough of SPLINTERED. I absolutely loved it with all of my heart.
     Alyssa can hear things that most people can't. She can hear the whispers of bugs and plants. This ability has plagued the women in her family for generations, all the way back to where it started-- Alice Liddell. The girl from who Lewis Caroll got his inspiration for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. With her mom in the mental ward for hearing things only descendants of Alice can hear, Alyssa knows to keep her own ability a secret.
    Her world is turned upside down when she finds herself in Wonderland with her neighbor/childhood best friend/crush, and the only way to get back home is to fix everything that Alice ruined when she came down the rabbit hole.
     With a love triangle so strange that it makes you fall for both guys, and twists and turns at every chapter, SPLINTERED has potential to make it's way to my list of favorite trilogies. Every time I thought I knew exactly what was gong on, I was absolutely wrong, and that's what made it such a thrilling read. Suspense, mystery, fantasy, and romance all in one-- you can't go wrong with SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard.
     P.S. Team Jeb! Boo Morpheus!


No comments:

Post a Comment