Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Seize the Tuesday #12: Reading Highs


Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by myself and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’ve seized the Tuesday, with a special focus on the particular book we’re reading. We’ll share our posts online with the hashtag: #LetsAllGetLost
The idea is to share little ways in which you may have embraced Bree’s motto of seizing the Tuesday. To relate it to books, you can talk about what book you’re reading, and how you stole some moments from the day to enjoy reading. It doesn’t have to be about reading, but we all know that a well-read day is a day seized. The idea is not just to help spread the word on LGL, but also to remind people to live fully, even/especially if that means spending a part of your day reading.

The thing about reading is that there are different ways to do it. You can kick back and relax, read at your leisure; you can read in spurts when you have the time; and you can binge. I know you know what I mean. You're guilty of it, too. Reading super fast and plowing through book after book. Maybe it's a series you're really into, maybe it's your TBR, or maybe it's a stack that you need to finish before an event, but either way, we've all been there. 

I call this a Reading High. 

It's addicting, the feeling of starting and finishing a book and then immediately going to another... It's one of the best, most euphoric feelings.

 NOTE: These highs are legal. 

I'm currently plowing through a nice little stack of my own, and I'm having quite the time with it.
In the past week, I've read seven books, and the only reason I've stopped right now is to write this post and get reviews ready for the novels I've read.  I've gone from fantasy to contemporary, to paranormal and dystopia, and the switches and flip flops have been fantastic. These books are almost all series starters or standalones, so the cliff-hangers I'm getting aren't the most emotionally easy thing in the world, but nevertheless, it feels great to constantly be in someone else's world.

Eventually I'll have to get my head out of the pages, but for now, I'm content to snuggle up with my Ninja Turtle blanket and devour book after book.

When's the last time you were on a Reading High?

No comments:

Post a Comment