Friday, May 22, 2015

Review: EXILE by Kevin Emerson


     I'd been wanting to read EXILE for quite a while when I finally picked it up. I wasn't sure what to expect, as it was to be my first music-y book and I am musically challenged, but I was pleasantly surprised with what I got.
     Summer's life revolves around music. She attends a school for future stars, and she loves to manage bands. The last band she managed ended up leaving her in the dust for a record deal, and she is on the prowl for a new job. 
     That's when she meets Caleb Daniels-- killer vocalist, dark and mysterious, with a big secret that got him exiled from his last band. With a little help from his new manager, Caleb gets a band together, and that's when Summer goes from band manager to band-manager-and-girlfriend-of-the-lead-singer.
      That's also when Caleb drops a bombshell on the band that lands them in the middle of something bigger than just playing music. Suddenly, the band is wrapped in a mystery they never imagined being a part of, and it gets harder and harder to keep the band together.
     EXILE has easily become one of those books that just makes you happy, for me. It's a love story, and a mystery, all swaddled in a blanket of music, and I give it four stars, easily. Not who I am. Not where I'm going. But I'll meet you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment