Friday, October 30, 2015

Finally Friday!: The First




Finally Friday! is a weekly post on Doodle's Book Reviews that hilights a recently acquired book that I've been waiting to get my hands on. Feel free to leave a comment!






(Front and back covers of The Tenth Anniversary Edition. Front is the traditional cover, back is the LIFE AND DEATH cover)

If you know me at all, then you know that I'm a mega Twihard. I can't get enough of the story, whether it's the books or movies. No matter how much hate the series acquires, it holds a special place in my heart.

For the tenth anniversary of Twilight, Stephenie Meyer pulled a Beyonce and dropped a new book. LIFE AND DEATH is a gender-swapped retelling of Twilight, told from the eyes of Beau Swan, a male human who falls in love with a female vampire.

This came out of nowhere, and while I didn't have the ability to run out and get my hands on a copy, I recently found a package on my doorstep. It turned out that one of my best friends had sent it to me as a belated birthday gift, and it was one of the most unexpected and fantastic surprises.

I've seen a lot of negative reviews for this one, but I'm stoked to be able to add LIFE AND DEATH to the Twilight section of my bookshelf. Review to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment