Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday Thinks: Diving Back Into the Bookish World


There's something about reading when you've been deprived of books for so long that just feels like coming home. 

As you may know, I read one book between August and November, and then only one over Christmas break. But I'm taking a semester off, and now my time is freer.

Now? I've read three books in five days. And it feels so good

I've read sci-fi, dystopia, and contemporary--all of which I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish-- and loved each of them. So far, I've picked good ones to jump back in with. Next, I'm finishing Bane Chronicles and then starting Natasha Preston's THE CELLAR. 

Amongst the reading, I've been sent a manuscript from an author who has requested that I beta for her, and I can't wait to dig into it. I've also started writing again... or should I say, rewriting. I'm taking the contemporary I finished last year and doing some edits and making changes, and hopefully I'll finish by the end of February and be able to start agent-hunting.

As well as this, I've started looking at upcoming bookish events, and have decided that authors are going to have to start coming to Missouri. We need to make this happen. Let's start a trend, #MissouriNeedsYA.

And guys, the 2017 releases I forgot about. The ones I knew were coming out, but have seen new news about and am even more stoked for.

Getting back into the bookish community on Twitter, also. Though I'm getting tired of opening the app and seeing nothing on my feed but politics, I'm slowly finding more and more bookish tweets.

Somehow, I can't believe I've been away for so long. Can't believe I let myself do it. It's a much better place, here.

It's good to be back, guys. It really is.

Super Happily,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment